Accessibility links

London Investigation Making Headway --> The bus destroyed by a bomb on 7 July 13 July 2005 (RFE/RL) -- British police say they are investigating the possibility that last week's attacks on three London underground trains and a bus were carried out by suicide bombers.

Police say they have identified four suspects, and say it is very likely that at least one of the suspects was among the at least 52 people who were killed in the bombings.

Police said they had security camera film of the four suspects meeting at the King's Cross rail station in central London shortly before the 7 July bombings.

British news reports said at least three of the suspects were believed to be British men of Pakistani origin.

Police said one man had been arrested in connection with the case during raids on 12 July in the West Yorkshire region town of Leeds, and that investigators had found what appeared to be bomb-making ingredients.

In a development linked to the investigation, police were also reported to have recovered explosives from a parked car at the Luton railway station, just north of London.