Accessibility links

Bombs Kills Three In Southern Afghanistan --> Canadian soldiers on the site of an attack earlier this year on one of their patrols in Kandahar (epa) August 23, 2006 -- An Afghan official says that two roadside bombs have killed three civilians and injured one in southern Afghanistan.

Dawood Ahmadi, a spokesman for the governor of Kandahar Province, said both explosions occurred along the same road, in the Daman district.

In other developments, NATO says a NATO soldier died of wounds sustained in a suicide attack on a Canadian military convoy in the city of Kandahar on August 22.


RFE/RL Afghanistan Report

SUBSCRIBE For regular news and analysis on Afghanistan by e-mail, subscribe to "RFE/RL Afghanistan Report."