GROZNY, Chechyna -- Pro-Moscow Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov has announced that operations against rebels will continue despite an attack that killed six people in Grozny, RFE/RL's Russian Service reports.
The suicide-bomb attack in Grozny killed four senior police officers and two locals on July 26. Chechen officials told RFE/RL that the terrorist act might have been a response to the killing of six rebels by police in Chechnya's Urus-Martan district last week.
Kadyrov has said that there are not many insurgents remaining in Chechnya.
Russian officials ended its extraordinary measures against rebels in Chechnya earlier this year, only to reintroduce the measures days later.