Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic is expected to make his first appearance at his war crimes trial on November 3.
Karadzic has been boycotting the trial at The Hague since it began last week.
Karadzic, who is defending himself, says he needs more time to prepare his defense. An appeal for more time is what Karadzic is expected to ask for on November 3.
Presiding Judge O-Gon Kwon advised Karadzic to think carefully before addressing the court.
"Should [Karadzic] maintain his position that he will not attend the trial, we may proceed in his absence and assign counsel to represent him. We advise him to consider this carefully prior to making his oral submissions tomorrow," Kwon said.
Karadzic faces 11 charges including genocide for the Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslim men and boys during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.
He denies all charges.
compiled from agency reports