JALAL-ABAD, Kyrgyzstan -- A Kyrgyz boy missing since ethnic clashes broke out in southern Kyrgyzstan in June has been found alive, RFE/RL's Kyrgyz Service reports.
Eight-year-old Kudaibergen Attokurov was separated from his family when thousands of people fled the city of Osh for Jalal-Abad during clashes between ethnic Uzbeks and Kyrgyz on June 10. The violence then spread to Jalal-Abad.
Attokurov has been hiding in abandoned homes in Jalal-Abad since then.
Local police say the boy has received medical and psychological treatment and has been reunited with his parents in Osh.
At least 356 people died in the unrest in June.
The Kyrgyz presidential press service says 27 people are still officially registered as missing. It said the bodies of 14 people have not been identified.