DUSHANBE -- Negotiations between women protesters on hunger strike and authorities from Dushanbe's Sino district have ended without resolution, RFE/RL's Tajik Service reports.
The women -- who used to work as merchants at the Zarnisor bazaar -- say they will not accept anything but being allowed to keep their jobs in the market, which officials have said will be demolished.
Abduhomid Sheraliev, the deputy mayor of Dushanbe, told the women that city authorities have invited officials of all the markets in Dushanbe to help find jobs for the workers from Zarnisor. Sheraliev said at least 150 merchants will be able to find work in other markets.
Dushanbe's Zarnisor market was closed in September, and last month a Tajik court confirmed that the market was established illegally and should be demolished.
On May 6, dozens of former female workers at Zarnisor announced the start of their hunger strike.