Authorities say 13 people, including a local intelligence official, were killed in two attacks in southern Afghanistan.
A spokesman for the governor of Helmand Province, Daud Ahmadi, said a suicide bomber on a motorcycle killed seven police officers and two civilians in an attack targeting a police vehicle in the Kajaki district.
The spokesman said that in a second attack, in Helmand's Nad Ali district, a local intelligence official, two bodyguards, and a civilian were killed in a mine explosion.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the second attack.
Meanwhile, a senior Afghan official said NATO forces killed five civilians, including one woman and two children, during a night raid earlier this week in northeastern Afghanistan.
Sayed Fazelullah Wahidi, governor of Konar Province, said the raid occurred on January 16 in Chawkay district.
NATO said in a statement that the alliance was aware of a military operation in Chawkay on January 16 and was checking into the report.
compiled from agency reports