Accessibility links

Afghan Officials: Four Civilians Killed In Bomb Attack

Afghan officials have said four civilians were killed by a roadside bomb in the country's southern Kandahar Province.

A statement from the Interior Ministry said the incident, which took place on March 12 in the province's Shorabak district, is under investigation.

Civilian deaths are on the rise in Afghanistan. A United Nations report last week that the number of civilians killed in the violence had increased 15 percent in 2010, to a total of 2,770.

compiled from agency reports