Baku has requested $300 billion in "damages" caused by Armenia's occupation of its breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region.
The chairman of Azerbaijan's State Committee for Refugees and Displaced People, Ali Hasanov, told Lider TV in Baku on December 10 that the amount had been calculated with the help of international experts from Russia, Moldova, Ukraine, and other countries.
Hasanov also said that if Yerevan showed its readiness for "constructive dialogue" on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Azerbaijan might decrease the requested compensation.
Armenia and Azerbaijan have been locked in a conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh, which local Armenian separatists, backed by Yerevan, seized from Azerbaijan during a devastating war in the 1990s.
Diplomatic efforts to settle the conflict since then have brought no results.
Based on reporting by Lider TV and Apa.az