Accessibility links

Bolshoi Acid Attack Victim Testifies


Bolshoi dancer and suspected organizer of an acid attack Pavel Dmitrichenko (front left) seen here before a court session in Moscow on October 31.

Bolshoi dancer and suspected organizer of an acid attack Pavel Dmitrichenko (front left) seen here before a court session in Moscow on October 31.

The artistic director of the Bolshoi ballet, Sergei Filin, the victim of a serious acid attack earlier this year, says former colleague Pavel Dmitrichenko had long been trying to dig up dirt on him.

Testifying in a Moscow court on November 6, Filin, 43, said Dmitrichenko, a former Bolshoi soloist who has been charged with organizing the acid attack, was too emotional, short-tempered, could not stand any criticism, and was always prying into his personal affairs.

Dmitrichenko, 29, pleaded not guilty at a preliminary hearing. Investigators say he was at odds with Filin over the distribution of roles.

Two other men have been charged with carrying out the assault. If convicted, the three accused could be sentenced to up to 12 years in prison.

Filin has asked the defendants for more than $100,000 in compensation.

Based on reporting by Interfax and RAPSI
XS
SM
MD
LG