The European Union has warned the recently elected authorities in Serbia that it will not tolerate attempts to negate the genocide of Muslims at Srebrenica.
Some 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were killed by Bosnian Serb forces in 1995 in Srebrenica during the Bosnia conflict.
Serbia's new president, Tomislav Nikolic, on June 1 said that the Srebrenica massacre was not genocide.
European Commission spokeswoman Pia Ahrenkilde said on June 4 that "the European Union strongly rejects any intention to rewrite history."
She stressed the act of genocide had been confirmed by both the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the International Court of Justice.
Nikolic, a former hard-line nationalist, was sworn in as Serbia's president last week.
He is scheduled to visit Brussels on June 14.
Based on reporting by AFP and dpa