Accessibility links

FIFA Says No New World Cup Voting For 2018, 2022

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said December 19 that a report alleging misconduct in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups would be published but there will be no new vote on whether Russia and Qatar would host the events.

Blatter made the announcements on December 19 in Marrakesh, Morocco where earlier in the week FIFA governing body met behind closed doors to discuss the report by FIFA ethics investigator Michael Garcia.

He said in a statement that the report would be released after proceedings against people named in the report were finished.

The meeting came after Garcia resigned on December 17 in protest of FIFA's handling of his report.

FIFA last month issued only a 42-page summary based on Garcia's report which identified cases of "inappropriate conduct" in a number of the bids. Garcia had called for the whole report to be published.

Based on reporting by Reuters, AFP, and dpa