Ukraine’s prosecutor-general says the case of the April explosions in the eastern city of Dnipropetrovsk, which he called "terrorist actions," has been solved.
Talking to journalists in Dnipropetrovsk on June 1, Viktor Pshonka said "it is possible to say at this point that the crime has been solved and we have all information on what happened."
Pshonka said earlier that four men suspected of being behind the blasts had been arrested, adding that the suspects were local men who had unsuccessfully demanded $4.5 million from authorities for cancelling their plans.
Four devices placed in garbage bins in Dnipropetrovsk exploded on April 27, injuring 31 people.
The opposition has claimed the explosions could be part of a government plot to divert attention from the imprisonment of opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko.
Based on reporting by Interfax, ITAR-TASS, and UNIAN