French authorities say they arrested five men last weekend who were allegedly planning a terrorist attack in Paris.
Paris's chief prosecutor, Francois Molins, said the suspects had received orders via encrypted mobile applications from an Islamic State (IS) commander in Syria or Iraq.
Molins, speaking on November 25, said the raids in the cities of Strasbourg and Marseille also discovered automatic weapons.
The five men -- four French and one Moroccan -- have been placed under judicial investigation.
Molins said the men were planning an attack on December 1 on one of a number of possible targets, although he admitted authorities have so far been "unable to determine the exact one."
"The breakup of this network... has protected us against a large-scale attack," said President Francois Hollande on November 25.
France remains under a state of emergency following attacks in Paris in November 2015 that killed 130 people.
Based on reporting by AFP and AP