A senior Iranian Oil Ministry official says computer systems suffered no lasting damage from a suspected cyberattack.
The state-run Islamic Republic News Agency on April 24 quoted the deputy minister for oil and civil defense, Hamdullah Mohammadnejad, as saying experts quickly halted the spread of a data-deleting virus targeting computers in the oil sector.
He said officials hope to have all systems back and running within days.
Iran announced on April 23 it was forced to disconnect several computers from the Internet, including computers running the country's main oil export terminal at Kharg Island, following a cyberattack.
Iranian officials have made no accusations so far over who might have been behind the attack.
Iran blamed Israel and the United States after a computer worm named Stuxnet interfered with Iranian nuclear facilities in 2010.
Based on reporting by Reuters and AP