Accessibility links

Another Separatist Fighter Killed In Breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh

Azerbaijan -- Nagorno-Karabakh Map

Azerbaijan -- Nagorno-Karabakh Map

De facto officials of the Armenian-backed breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region said on April 27 that another soldier from separatist forces was killed overnight by Azerbaijani troops.

The separatist leaders in Stepanakert also accused Azerbaijan's military of violating a fragile cease-fire deal that had been brokered by Russia in early April.

Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry, for its part, accused Armenian forces on April 27 of violating the cease-fire deal 120 times during the previous 24 hours.

On April 26, separatist leaders said two ethnic Armenian soldiers had been killed by Azerbaijani forces.

Nagorno-Karabakh in early April saw its worst violence since a cease-fire in 1994 effectively froze the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenian-backed separatists in the breakaway region.

The latest cease-fire went into effect on April 5.

Based on reporting by AP, Interfax, and TASS