Accessibility links

Kazakh Suspects Brought To Belarus For Murder Investigation

Two Kazakh nationals suspected in a double murder in Minsk have been brought to the Belarusian capital as part of the investigation.

Authorities believe the men, aged 29 and 32, stabbed a Kazakh man and a Russian man to death in Minsk in December 2012 and fled with a substantial amount of cash that belonged to the victims.

The suspects were arrested earlier this year in Kazakhstan after Belarusian investigators established their identities.

Police in the Kazakh capital, Astana, said on September 9 that they had been brought to Minsk for investigation.

Astana police said the men will be tried in Kazakhstan.

Kazakhstan, Belarus and Russia are partners in a Customs Union and members of security alliances linking former Soviet republics.

Based on reporting by Kazinform and KazTAG