BISHKEK -- A Kyrgyz parliamentary deputy is suing the chairman of a commission that investigated last year's deadly ethnic clashes, RFE/RL's Kyrgyz Service reports.
Ismail Isakov filed the suit against Abdygany Erkebaev for faulting several officials in the interim government -- including Isakov -- over the June violence.
The commission was tasked with probing and determining the causes and instigators of the June clashes between ethnic Uzbeks and Kyrgyz that left more than 400 people dead and caused widespread damage in the south of the country.
In a January report, it said that Isakov and other members of the interim government were partly responsible for the deadly clashes as they failed to prevent them.
In a media interview, Erkebaev said that the activities of the interim government, especially of Isakov -- who in June was the government's special representative in the south -- should be politically assessed.
Bishkek's Sverdlov district court, which is hearing Isakov's lawsuit, ruled today that a linguistic analysis of Erkebaev's interviews and statement should be carried out before the trial resumes on March 23.
Read more in Kyrgyz here