The United Nations Security Council and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon have condemned the bomb attack in the Moroccan city of Marrakesh that has killed at least 14 people, including at least 10 foreigners, and injured more than 20 others.
There has so far been no claim of responsibility for the attack on April 28, which hit a cafe in a popular tourist zone of Marrakesh.
Reports quote people who were at the scene of the explosion as saying it appears the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.
The 15-nation Security Council, in a statement, called the bombing a "terrorist attack" and expressed sympathy and condolences to victims.
Secretary-General Ban said he was "appalled" by the attack, adding that "no political objective justifies or is served by such heinous acts."
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has also condemned the attack, calling it "cowardly," and has pledged U.S. assistance to the Moroccan government in investigating the blast.
Moroccan state-run 2M television has put the death toll at 15, and said the victims include five Moroccans, six French nationals, and four other foreigners whose nationalities were not given.
compiled from agency reports