Accessibility links

Suicide Bomber Targets Foreign Forces Convoy In Kabul


A suicide bomber detonated his explosive-laden car near a foreign military convoy in downtown Kabul during the morning rush hour on October 11.

Kabul police chief Abdul Rahman Rahimi said that three Afghan civilians were injured in the attack.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack immediately.

A spokesman for the NATO-led international forces in Afghanistan said they were aware of the attack.

The attack comes during a tense period following fighting between government troops and the Taliban in the city of Kunduz, which was briefly held by the Taliban last month.

Based on reporting by Reuters and dpa
XS
SM
MD
LG