The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia says it has ordered new medical tests for Serb ultranationalist leader Vojislav Seselj following his hospitalization.
Judges asked a committee of three doctors to report on the compatibility of Seselj's detention and his health.
Seselj's party said on March 11 he underwent heart surgery last week.
Judges on March 9 postponed closing arguments in Seselj's war crimes trial set for March 12 and 13, saying the 57-year-old had been transferred to a civilian medical facility.
Seselj is accused of murder, torture, cruel treatment, and wanton destruction of villages during the persecution of Croats, Muslims, and other non-Serbs during the 1990s Balkan wars.
Earlier this month, ICTY prosecutors asked for a 28-year sentence against Seselj.
Based on AFP reporting