Yemeni authorities say they have foiled an Al-Qaeda plot to seize key ports and pipelines in the country.
Rajeh Badi, an adviser to Prime Minister Muhammad Salem Basindwa, said on August 7 that the plot involved using dozens of militants dressed in Yemeni Army uniforms to storm the facilities.
The attack reportedly had been scheduled for August 4.
Meanwhile, Yemeni authorities said an alleged U.S. drone strike killed at least six suspected Al-Qaeda militants in southern Yemen.
The reported strike in Shabwa Province on August 7 is the fifth in Yemen in less than two weeks.
It came after the United States on August 4 closed its diplomatic missions across the Middle East and Africa following warnings of a possible terrorist attack.
Both the United States and Britain have also evacuated embassy staff from Yemen.
Washington considers the Al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen as one of the world's most active.
U.S. media reports have said intercepted communication between Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri and the head of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was part of the intelligence that led to the security alert last weekend.
Based on reporting by Reuters, BBC, and AP