Saturday, April 19, 2014


Bosnia

Mladic Stays In Hospital After Falling Ill

Muslim women in Sarajevo, survivors of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, watch a live television broadcast in May of the first day of Ratko Mladic's trial in The Hague.
Muslim women in Sarajevo, survivors of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, watch a live television broadcast in May of the first day of Ratko Mladic's trial in The Hague.

Related Articles

Mladic Hospitalized In The Hague

Officials from the war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia say ex-Bosnian Serb army chief Ratko Mladic has been taken to a hospital after complaining of feeling unwell at his genocide trial.
TEXT SIZE - +
A lawyer for Ratko Mladic says the former Bosnian Serb army chief will spend two days in hospital after suddenly falling ill during his trial at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal.

Branko Lukic said Mladic feels better than when he collapsed in the courtroom and is able to communicate.

Lukic also said Mladic had regained movement in his right arm and leg after suffering paralysis earlier in the day.

Mladic is on trial for genocide, war crimes, and crimes  against humanity for his role in Bosnia's 1992-95 war.

The first witnesses began testifying this week against the former general, who has denied any wrongdoing.

Mladic, 70, has previously complained of health problems and some reports suggest he suffered two strokes during his years in hiding.

He was captured last year after 16 years as an indicted fugitive.

Bosnians and other mourners this week marked the 17th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre -- a mass killing by Bosnian Serb forces under Mladic's command in 1995 -- by burying 520 more of the more than 8,000 victims of what is regarded as the worst atrocity on European soil since World War II.

Based on reporting by AFP and Reuters
This forum has been closed.
Comments
     
There are no comments in this forum yet. Be the first to add one.

Most Popular