A woman in Dushanbe has died after setting herself and her three children alight.
Tajik media reports on January 31 said that Maidamokh Umarova, an employee of the Tajik Technical University in Dushanbe, poured gasoline on herself and her three young daughters and lit everyone on fire.
Umarova died later in hospital. Doctors are fighting to save the lives of her three children, aged 9 months, 5 years, and 9 years.
The eldest daughter is said to be in grave condition. The woman's neighbors said Umarova had problems with her husband's family and had also amassed huge debts.
No more details are available.
Based on reporting by Asia-Plus and Interfax