The Media Coordinator supports the TV Channel production team and works closely with the Channel executive editor and producers to create programming. The incumbent will also work directly with the Channel scheduling team, in cooperation with Broadcast Operations, on managing the media assets and deliver them successfully to the Viz/Opus system and to maintain an active archive of all media assets.
- Receive all program materials and verify that they meet the technical needs for the Channel (ie: video and audio meet required standards as well performing necessary Quality Control [QC] checks) and confirm receipt of all supporting materials (ie: script, cue sheets, any license or release materials) and distribute them accordingly.
- Ingest, Transcode and transfer all programs into the Viz/Opus system and update the Octopus system accordingly.
- Prepare for Viz/Opus all promos, Channel IDs and, fillers and interstitials and verify their input into the system and coordinate their traffic with the scheduling team and as required by the Rundowns in Octopus
- Coordinate all video traffic with live programs to verify that all material that resides in Opus is ‘cleaned out’ in a timely manner.
- Oversee the storage capacity of Opus in coordination with Scheduling and News.
- Coordinate all editing needs dedicated to media destined for the Viz/Opus system (ie: any opening and closing animations)
- Record all live programs and then prepare them for the scheduled repeat cycle, including all needed editing or updates. This includes addressing any QC needs such as verifying that all image and audio parameters are recorded and accordingly correct.
- Verify that all ingested material has been successfully recorded and ready for Transmission (TX) in the Opus system
- Coordinate all media traffic with all the requisite parties on the Channel, primarily Scheduling
- Distribute all needed updates to parties at the Channel
- Coordinate all media and archive traffic with the RFE/RL Archive team
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Consults with stakeholders throughout the process, from pre-production to post-production.
- Performs related duties as required
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing for a news organization.
- At least 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages, mandatory.
- At least 6 months of Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
- At least 6 months of experience in television production
- Understands FTP and codec.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop), desirable.
- Knowledge of NLE editing systems, preferably Premiere Pro CC
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Proven ability to enterprise and innovate.
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Good sense of judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Familiarity regarding RFE/RL's target countries.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Russian language proficiency, desirable
- English language proficiency, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.