Reporting to assigned supervisor, you will be responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of Current Time and DIGIM web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. You may also perform the duties of a broadcaster. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the language service website.
- Posts clean and compelling content to the Current Time website.
- Augments text with photos, video, social media embeds and background material.
- Edits materials posted on the language service website and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors. Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the language service website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Coordinates coverage of breaking news
- Responds to the language service website audience e-mail comments/queries.
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Current Time editor-in-chief and the director of DIGIM, including the broadcasting duties.
At least 5 years of journalism experience required, including work in a fast paced news organization with tight deadlines.
Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
Online Journalism, Online writing
Relevant software knowledge,
In addition to working regular shifts is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisory editor.
Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required
Russian language, native level, mandatory
English language, Proficient strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.