The Mobile Video Editor Assistant provides support to the Mobile Video Editor in editing and cutting mobile videos, particularly adapted from TV, and preparing videos for distribution.
- Assists the Mobile Video Editor in editing video from TV and services to tell compelling and accurate visual stories with the instructions of producers, reporters, supervisors, etc. Coordinates editing information with reporters, producers and/or supervisors.
- Monitors TV product and cuts important elements for posting on social media, adding subtitles when necessary.
- Assists with image/video uploads, captioning, research, copyright clearances, application content maintenance and production of training materials.
- Follows RFE/RL policies regarding journalistic standards of good taste, quality and appropriateness, and alerts supervisors when questions arise regarding any of these concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of higher education (new media or technical field preferable) and experience
- Grounding in web production and editing and in use of Pangea (up to 2 years), desirable
- Experience working with digital media ( up to 2 years), desirable
- Ability to produce short videos and other mobile video products, desirable
- Competence with Adobe Premier and other digital video editing systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Willingness to work frequent night shifts
- Russian (Native), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.