We are looking for an enthusiastic Video Production Trainer. In this position you would provide trainings on assembling video and graphics into a finished project and on how to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a compelling news story. Fluency in Russian language is required. English language is an advantage.
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software.
• Proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro and Creative Suite 6 especially AfterEffects.
• At least 3 years’ experience in non-linear video editing working in news and/or documentary productions experience with newsroom systems.
• Familiar with the demands of a multi-media platform.
• BA degree in communications or journalism or certificate in film studies or relevant experience.
• Training experience.
• Understanding of how to develop a visually effective story structure.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary for training others.
• Knowledge of international events and politics in RFE/RL's target countries.
• Strong ability for detail work.
• A proactive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
• Russian language fluency.
• English language proficiency, desirable.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
• Teaches/Trains people with little or no video experience.
• Master all the editing skills offered by Adobe Premier Pro and CS6.
• Develops an understanding of Social Media style editing for new editors.
• Edits raw video in a seamless style with logical sequencing.
• Smoothly integrates music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
• Edits natural sound into a video product to enhance a story's impact.
• Ensures levels for sound and video are within acceptable ranges.
• Assemble a finished package with little supervision guided by a detailed script.
• Creates flawless final cuts.
• Quickly grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
• Edit on a laptop from the field and transmit files to bureaus or headquarters.
• Master conversion standards and codec.
• Proactive engagement with production teams to develop new editing skills.
• Provides ongoing feedback with production teams in the area of editing.
• Performs other position related duties as assigned.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.