Deadline: March 06, 2013
Data Visualization Specialist Apply Now
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
Please quote vacancy number: MLT1166-1201
RFE/RL’s audiences deserve visualizations that can compete with the very best in journalism (See winners of the Malofiej Awards, for example).
As such, we are seeking a data visualization specialist with extensive development and coding experience, who will work with programmers and news staff to build cutting edge story presentations for one of the world’s largest international news organizations.
The web is an increasingly visual space and visual storytelling is a great way to make complex topics like economics or corruption more user-friendly, engaging and interesting. And in an organization that caters to 21 different countries in 28 languages, the need to present stories and data visually is critical to keeping our audiences engaged.
The successful candidate will work in RFE/RL’s new multimedia team, which functions as the company’s hub for journalists’ visual, digital and social media needs. As part of this team, the visual journalist would not only create cutting-edge visualizations, but also train language service staff on important best practices.
* Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design,
* Experience creating data visualizations in a newsroom environment,
* Good customer service orientation and team player who enjoys working in a close-knit team in a pleasant, energetic & multicultural environment,
* Professional English skills, Czech/Slovak preferred but not required, knowledge of one of our news audience languages is considered a plus,
* A desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome.
* Competitive local employment package with competitive salary + benefits,
* Free membership in gym, free transit pass, free & secure car/bicycle parking, and subsidized restaurant on premises,
* Flexible hours, generous vacation and holiday schedule (including local & American holidays),
* Unique opportunities for professional development and growth;
* A stimulating multi-cultural work environment implementing latest technologies.
Please be aware RFE/RL does not utilize services of personnel agencies for recruitment, if you wish to know more about us or are interested in the position, please apply directly though rferl.org/jobs website or through jobs.cz.
RFE/RL is an international news media organization based in Washington, D.C. and Prague, Czech Republic. RFE/RL's radio, Internet, and television programs -- reach influential people in 21 countries, including Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Russia, the Caucasus, and Central Asian nations. With more than 400 journalists, 750 freelancers, and 20 local bureaus, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world. It is funded by the U.S. Congress through the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG).
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Deadline: March 06, 2013