We are looking for Digital Media Coordinator. In this position you will be responsible for selecting and providing photos to Language Services suitable for coverage of the main news stories on their websites and social media networks. You will also research contracted photo agencies and other available image sources and maintain RFE/RL’s Media Databases for quality assurance and optimum search and retrieval. Proficient level of English language knowledge is required.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Library or Information Science, Graphic Design, or related field, mandatory.
- Relevant training as an image editor, or image archivist or librarian, desirable.
- Knowledge of digital photo editing, mandatory.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience with media (image, video, audio) databases, catalogs, or libraries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of descriptive metadata for digital media and file management.
- Basic-to-intermediate knowledge of rights management, intellectual property, and copyright for digital media.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping, mandatory.
- Knowledge and familiarity with RFERL’s coverage areas and subject matter, preferred.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team, mandatory.
- Ability to learn complex subjects quickly including new technologies, mandatory.
- Experience with video editing, preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and knowledge of user needs, mandatory.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, evening shifts, and weekends, mandatory.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language, desirable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Selects photos from photo agencies to assist Language Services in coverage of the daily news on their websites.
- Monitors, edits, corrects metadata across media databases; maintains quality assurance of metadata and media assets.
- Monitors for potential copyright violations and reports potential violations to the Supervisor for further clarification.
- Sources appropriate pictures and images for assigned projects and undertakes relevant research.
- Keeps accurate records of media and monthly Agency quotas.
- Obtains correct caption and credit information when necessary.
- Performs basic editing and photo optimization.
- Builds and maintains RFE/RL digital media archives (photos, video, audio).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.