Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), this position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Studio and Transmission facilities, including bureau facilities. This position will specifically oversee Central Engineering, the Technical Operations Center (TOC) and will build and oversee a newly forming group, Field/Bureau Engineering. This position requires solid experience and demonstrated knowledge and competence in a wide range of current and emerging broadcast and news gathering technologies, and must be able to direct these activities on an international scale. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are paramount as this person will work closely with the Senior Staff, and engineering staff of international employees on a regular basis. In this role the Director of Broadcast Engineering provides vision and leadership in cooperation with the CTO and Senior Staff for the entire organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in engineering, media technology, management or related field; Master degree desirable
- Combination of relevant education and demonstrated experience in senior positions in comparable organizational settings.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in broadcast engineering at broadcast, video production or cable television organizations
- Leading significant projects on productions and live events in international news gathering and distribution settings.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing technical staff and projects including part-time and contract staff with demonstrated ability to improve performance, output and quality.
- Successfully managing the building, maintaining and updating infrastructure on a network wide basis.
- Proficient IT skills related to modern media asset management, automation, encoding, and video play out systems
- Solid understanding of ATSC Transport Streams and related technology
- Experience with satellite uplinks and IP video transmission links
- Skilled in all facets of project management
- Knowledgeable of International Broadcast rules and regulations
- Proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate, and execute tactically and strategically
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to competing demands from multiple directions, and balance shifting priorities across a range of stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage through difficult and stressful situations, work under deadline pressure
- Experience with live studio, bureau and field production
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
- Work collaboratively with the CTO and Senior Staff to define and implement vision and goals across the company
- Define and inspire work quality and effective communication with staff and stakeholders
- Oversee the Broadcast Engineering staff ensuring department managers are effectively supervising, training and evaluating the performance of assigned staff members.
- Disseminate accurate information in a timely manner
- Effectively manage budgets for broadcast engineering and purchases across multiple facilities
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Intervene and provide hands-on work intervention when needed
- Successfully manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.