RFE / RL is looking for a Quality Assurance Tester to join our growing web development team (43 people from 10 different countries). We are running around 200 news websites in about 50 different languages, and reaching several millions of people every day. We are committed to creating top-notch web experience for our viewers and are working on robust, high performance responsive web that works well on wide variety of mobile devices. If you think you are the right person to help us with this, we warmly invite you to apply for the job! Quality Assurance Tester tests the new developments for the RFE/RL web & mobile sites. The position is in Quality Assurance team of RFE/RL Pangea Digital (Internet Department).
- Manual testing (regression and exploratory testing);
- Tests multiple products across a number of platforms;
- Reviews software requirements (having ability to find bugs in specification before feature is being developed);
- Participates in test analysis, preparation of test documentation (write test cases);
- Performs functional, regression, scalability, stress and performance testing;
- Communicates risks and identifies risk mitigation strategies;
- Helps ensure that projects are delivered on time with high quality;
- Assists with analyzing customer issues and providing extensive detail for the development team;
- Reports defects by providing daily status reports on the progress of our bugs and testing efforts, works with the bug tracking database;
- Researches new trends and technologies that will improve our long-term quality assurance efforts.
- Be active part of agile team/s
- Share project’s knowledge across QA Team.
- Information technology or related field.(or at least 3 years of working experiences in QA)
- English on communication level, ability to read specifications in English language
- Experience in testing software, writing test documentation and test procedures (2-5 years)
- Special skills:
- Knowledge of Multimedia (Flash Player, HTML player, Streaming, Tubes etc. , plus but not mandatory)
- Experience with some Test Management Tool (we use TestRail, plus but not mandatory);
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA a plus;
- ISTQB certification a plus;
- Accuracy and detail orientation,
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills (be able to use browser Devtools at least on basic level) ;
- Ability to put together a test plan, conduct testing, track defects, coordinate with developers, business analysts and end users;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment;
- Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.