RFE / RL is looking for Network Engineers to join our growing internet team (43 people from 10 different countries). We are running around 200 news websites in about 50 different languages, and reaching several millions of people every day. We are committed to creating top-notch web experience for our viewers and are working on robust, high performance responsive web that works well on wide variety of mobile devices. If you think you are the right person to help us with this, we warmly invite you to apply for the job!
- Manage network performance to maintain high quality data transmission service on the network to include LAN/MAN/WAN within the enterprise architecture, configuration and policy management.
- Manage the implementation of Enterprise Infrastructure projects such as data center moves and builds, firewall upgrades, IP address management, DMZ design, and within the responsibility of the Enterprise Network to published standards and known best practices.
- Design, test, and implement enterprise solutions to improve network performance, capacity, and availability.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to network team members.
- Provide technical support.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity.
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity of installed base.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Prepares detailed requirements for selected activities (i.e., data management, configuration management, program management, etc.).
- Complies with recommended hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Assist in informal training in implementing software programs based on requirements.
- After hours work and occasional travel required with 24*7 operations in future.
- Information technology or related field.
- Experience / Skills:
- High level understanding of the IP technologies, protocols and network topology;
- Good understanding of the Network operations processes & functions;
- 5-6 yrs. of experience in IP Core Network Operations with service provider;
- Good communication skills;
- Cisco Certification to the level of CCNP;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering program or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Familiar with Cisco routers, Switches, DNS, AAA, Firewalls, DHCP etc. Knowledge of relevant Cisco products, including:
- Cisco 6500/4500/3800/3700 series
- Cisco VPN/QoS/IPS/IDS
- Cisco ASR/ISR devices
- Load balancers
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment;
- English required;
- Czech a plus.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.