The Administrative Assistant, Vetting Program provides support for the RFE/RL personnel vetting program and works closely with employees, contractors, Corporate Security leadership, the HR Department, the USAGM Security Department, and the background investigations vendor. The position reports to the Administrative Supervisor.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Administrative Supervisor, schedules employees and contractors for background investigations conducted by the background investigations vendor and/or the USAGM.
- Assists employees and contractors with the submission of background investigation requests to the background investigations vendor and/or the USAGM.
- Monitors and tracks the status of all background investigation requests to the background investigations vendor and/or the USAGM.
- Works closely with the HR Department to track the status of all pre-employment background investigation requests and background investigation requests on interns and fellows.
- Maintains a database that tracks all Prague ID Card holders that have completed, in-progress, or “to-be-scheduled” background investigations by the background investigations vendor and/or the USAGM.
- Assists the Head, Director, and Assistant Director of Corporate Security when they conduct follow up reviews of background investigation reports.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Business administration or related field BA - Bachelor degree (Desirable)
- Administration at least 18 months (Mandatory)
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions. (Desirable)
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision (Mandatory)
- Dependability & reliability (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. (Mandatory)
- Office practices (Mandatory)
- Organizational skills (Mandatory)
- Previous experience handling confidential data. (Mandatory)
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory)
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.