We are looking for a part time Studio Technician with Dari and/or Pashto language knowledge. In this position you will direct and produce a variety of programs using varied production techniques with a view to maximum efficiency and radiophonic quality. Operate all studio equipment and digital audio work stations, direct production, and contribute to design of programs.
- Directs and produces a variety of programs (including special events, commentaries, news reports, features) using varied production techniques.
- Directs and monitors the recording of stringer and staff reports. Operates audio equipment and digital audio work stations. May be required to direct and oversee the production of complex, creative radio programs, including selection and use of music, multiple voice tracks, sound effects.
- Operates DAVID and other audio equipment ensuring faultless radiophonic quality and adherence to professional radio standards.
- Directs the production of live and recorded programs, in assigned RFE/RL studios. In consultation with broadcasting, selects music, bridges, and other sound cuts to be incorporated into programming.
- Contacts correspondents as directed, records and times program contributions made by them.
- Contributes with Broadcasters to the design or refinement of program formats.
- Prepares production reports.
- Edits audio material for broadcasts. Verifies editorial output. Edits pre-recorded tapes.
- Takes responsibility for the operational state of studios and equipment used for recording or live broadcast sessions.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Combination of education and experience
- Education in technical fields BA - Bachelor degree, desired
- Experience in radio production practices and techniques, including operating audio equipment and digital audio work stations 2-5 years, desired
- Communication skills; written and verbal
- Knowledge of radio/TV production techniques and practices.
- Experience with sound production
- English language (Proficient)
- Broadcast region language - Pashto and/or Dari (Working Knowledge Oral+Written)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.