RFE/RL's Kazakh service is looking for a new team member in Prague - Associate TV Line Producer.
The Associate TV Line Producer supports the production team of the language service. Works closely with the Executive Editor and the Senior Producers to create programming, promos and graphics to fill the schedule. Provides all pre-conditions to bring the show successfully to air. In addition she/he assembles recorded footage into a finished project that is high quality and suitable for broadcast.
- Participates in sourcing new daily programing, leveraging existing available content to create new on air products.
- Works with producers to write, edit and produce promos, teases and advisories for upcoming events.
- Uploads programs to the automated satellite playout computer system.
- Uses journalistic acumen to create content that is targeted to the RFE/RL audience.
- Designs 2D/3D Motion graphics for TV and web videos.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact.
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Assembles rough video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts prepared together with producers to create flawless final cuts.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Consults with stakeholders throughout the process, from pre production to post production.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Higher education or certificate in audio-visual studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience in non linear video editing for a news organization.
- At least 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages, mandatory.
- At least 6 months of Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
- At least 6 months of experience in television production, including live streaming from the field.
- Understands FTP and codec.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop), desirable.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Good sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- A strong portfolio and resume reel that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Familiarity regarding RFE/RL's target countries.
- A proactive, can do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Broadcast region language (Kazakh and Russian) native level - mandatory
- English language proficiency.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.