RFE/RL is looking for an experienced Russia-focused journalist with a proven track record writing compelling features and analysis to join its English-language newsroom. The ideal candidate will have a good eye for a story, excellent writing and reporting skills, and the ability to deliver sharply written analysis on a wide variety of Russia-centric topics. S/he will be a keen follower of the Russian Internet; a strong social media presence is also desirable. S/he will also be comfortable in front of camera – whether it’s for a Facebook instant analysis of a news event, or an appearance as an in-house Russia expert on RFE/RL language-service programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious journalist to reach a broad regional and international audience. The position is based in Prague with some opportunity for travel.
- Pitches and delivers engaging, original stories and analysis
- Final product can include, but is not limited to, news, full-length features, interviews, explainers, analyses, video scripts
- Uses personal social media accounts to spread stories and help grow RFE/RL’s audience.
- Is available during important, breaking news events beyond regular working hours.
- Education in Journalism or related field.
- Minimum eight years’ journalistic experience.
- Deep knowledge of Russia and post-Soviet space.
- Willingness to work across mediums and formats (from writing, to live videos, explainers, etc.)
- Ability to carry out independent reporting from the field involving foreign travel.
- Ability to work under pressure while juggling tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate products with minimal supervision.
- Expertise in working with social media platforms
- Comfortable on camera.
- English language (native fluency)
- Russian language (advanced)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.