RFE/RL is currently seeking Journalists for its Russian language web site for the North Caucasus. The candidates are to be fluent in the Russian language, ability to read and understand other languages spoken in the North Caucasus would be helpful. They come from North Caucasus with a deep knowledge of the region. We are looking for the journalists for various forms of co-operation – employment in RFE/RL headquarters in Prague as well as freelancing in the region. The candidates will have journalistic experience, preferably working for a web site. We are in looking for journalists – web writers who are able to produce original stories, as well as multimedia journalists for video and photo gallery production who are also capable of aggregating the content from other sources. We are also searching for editors and social media experts who have proven ability to promote our content through social media and engage with its audience.
- Professional fluency in the Russian language and a working knowledge of English. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage;
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills with broad knowledge of political, economic, and social structures of North Caucasus and surrounding regions, as well as strong general knowledge of international affairs;
- Active user of social media and new technologies on a daily basis;
- Proven ability / journalism experience to write and edit stories for web resources;
- Able to effectively use all RFE/RL content management system options - capable of posting and editing text and photos, making photo galleries, posting and editing videos, program scheduling, and mastering Internet TV.
- Commitment to journalistic integrity and objectivity;
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.