Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is seeking talented candidates for the position of Music Producer for our Iranian Service, Radio Farda. Each week, Radio Farda delivers uncensored news to 9 million people in Iran on radio, television, and the Internet. This position is located in Prague, the Czech Republic. The Music Producer is responsible for the production of Radio Farda’s main Music programs and its content on daily basis. S/he will produce the music program by researching and choosing the appropriate Persian and international music available and develop relative original and creative contents and programs. Working closely with Farda’s Editor in Chief – Music, S/he will participate in generating new ideas for both live and prerecorded music shows, as well as producing and hosting such programs. The MP will also produce listener/user generated contents, conducts interviews and creates monthly music/content. candidates must have native level of Persian language and proficient knowledge of English is strongly desired.
- Searching and finding the latest and best Persian and International song/album released on daily basis.
- Scheduling appropriate daily music program.
- Writing/Producing/ Updating transitional elements/contents.
- Producing user/listener generated items on daily basis.
- Generating innovative ideas for prerecorded and live music shows.
- Presenting and moderating prerecorded and live Radio music shows.
- Creating and publishing music contents for various Farda’s Music social media platforms.
- Producing music related visual elements both still and animated. Visualizing audio content to use in different platforms.
- Producing and making sound bites, Jingles and Promos.
- Generating monthly copy-right reports.
- Responding to audience feedback/questions via different platforms.
- Using technology such as MusicMaster, Adobe Audition, David Systems, Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro.
- Working closely with sound technicians to provide technical solution for possible program change.
- Ensuring the standard and condition of the program before is aired.
- Higher education in Music, Multimedia or related fields or the equivalent experience.
- Excellent video editing skills
- General knowledge of the current Persian and International culture and music scene.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and work hours.
- Willingness to respect, follow and execute managerial decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to cope under pressure.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask, and prioritize with little supervision.
- Willingness to embrace new technology and learn technical skills.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Persian (Native level), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.