We are looking for a Web Editor to support the Russian Service regional projects. You will be responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
- Maintains the language service website.
- Posts clean and compelling content to the website.
- Augments text with photos, video, social media embeds and background material.
- Edits materials posted on the language service website and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors. Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the language service website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Coordinates coverage of breaking news.
- Responds to the language service website audience e-mail comments/queries.
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Journalism or related field (MA - Master degree) and/or combination of education and experience as a journalist.
- Previous journalism experience required (at least 5 years).
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Online writing.
- Web and Copy-editing editing.
- In addition to working regular shifts is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisory editor.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Russian (Native level), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.