We are looking for a skillful Video Switcher Operator. In this position you will support a variety of TV studio productions - including LIVE broadcasts. The switcher operator is fast, reactive, works well under pressure, and has a solid knowledge of regional current affairs. The switcher operator follows the directions of the Control Room director and show producers, and works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure programs are produced at the highest possible standard. They are also able to multitask - working across various roles within the TV studio control room. The position involves irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24-hour broadcast schedule.
Main responsibilities of position:
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program.
- Works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure high quality images and audio.
- Sets up lighting and cameras for studio productions.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and participates in solution.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts and/or specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a live television and radio control room and digital editing.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to act calmly under very real pressure to deliver a clean output.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.).
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process.
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language, desired.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.