We’re looking for Social Media Producer for RFE/RL’s Tajik Service – in Prague, Czech Republic. We’re offering 12-18 month specified term employment agreements. The Social Media Producer is responsible for identifying and producing social media and share-worthy content and will act as the point of contact on social media content and discovery. S/he will produce content by picking up trends on local language social media and through enterprise discovery - finding those things that haven't yet been widely discovered and giving them editorial light. The Social Media Producer will produce content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. S/he will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social media.
• Provides oversight of content produced by social media team
• Produces content specifically geared for social media use across platforms (Twitter, Facebook, VKontakte, Instagram, Reddit).
• Produces original content in Tajik and Russian both for the website and for native sharing on social media.
• Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
• Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
• Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
• Works together with social media team and Tajik Service team to update them throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
• Works with Tajik and Russian language web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Higher education or Bachelor degree in communication, journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
• Russian language (Native), Tajik language, English language (Proficient strongly desired)
• Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
• Knowledge of social monitoring platforms like Tweetdeck, Topsy and Storyful
• Strong news judgment is required
• Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
• Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
• Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
• Tajik (mandatory)
• Russian (mandatory)
• English (mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.