We are looking for a YouTube Editor to join the Radio Svoboda’s Digital team based in Kyiv. You will be responsible for managing YouTube pages that present the best of the language service video projects. Working together with editors, senior producers, multimedia producers and visual journalists the goal is to bring sight and sound together in order to distribute videos online. Sound news judgment stemming from years of experience in journalism is required. An absolute commitment to journalistic impartiality should guide editors from start to finish.
- Develops and implements YouTube strategy to grow audience and engage with users through videos produced by the language service
- Produces content from pitch to publication, with a particular focus on YouTube
- In cooperation with other editors issues final video projects, including social media-friendly headlines and descriptions in a timely manner
- Assembles footage into a finished project that is of high quality and is suitable for broadcasting.
- Final product can include but is not limited to compelling packages that provide a clear picture of coverage.
- Quickly grasp the production team's needs and specifications.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a journalist.
- History of successful handling of progressively challenging assignments.
- Substantial editorial experience in international media.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop) and iMovie.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Proven ability to communicate and create multimedia products in a style that attracts audiences through social media.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Proficient in editing and issuing Mobile video
- Strong knowledge of social media, particularly in relations to Russian media environment.
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants.
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.