We are looking for a professional level ENG (Field) news camera operator. You will support a variety of television programs and video productions for Current Time in Ukraine and the Channel's target region. You will work closely with Correspondent, Coordinating Producer and editors in Prague in a variety of field and studio productions, and you are expected to gather high-quality video content, efficiently and quickly, in challenging environments.
- Operates ENG cameras and equipment, including lights and microphones, in the field as well as in TV studios.
- Edits, cuts-down and feeds video material from the field in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Correspondent on shoots to determine the best way to visually cover an event, news story, or program.
- Offers advice on how best to shoot a scene, explaining the visual impact created by particular shots. Cooperates closely with other crew members including sound technicians, lighting experts and talent to determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
- Composes and frames shots, monitors light, lenses, filters and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors and producers.
- Maintains, cleans and tests news-gathering equipment – cameras, microphones, lights etc. to ensure proper working condition. Prepares equipment prior to filming.
- Troubleshoots in the field to solve technical issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Specialized Education in audio-visual arts and specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in broadcast news television as camera operator.
- Experience in live production – camera, LiveU, and lighting.
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel abroad at short notice.
- Able to work independently, being responsible for camera, lighting and sound, when filming on location.
- Ability to perform physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.) mandatory.
- Knowledge of broadcast grade cameras (XDCAM, AVCHD), lighting, microphones.
- Understanding of video formats, codecs, standards.
- Working knowledge of field and studio lighting techniques and technology.
- Native fluency in Russian.
- Basic English desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.