Reporting to the Director, Media & Public Affairs, the incumbent is responsible for communicating the company’s achievements and expertise to English-speaking audiences through high-impact written reports, visual and multi-media products, and social media campaigns.
- Writes brief, effective materials for external distribution in English on a daily basis, to include backgrounders, journalists’ profiles, interviews, and awards announcements.
- Develops original, high-impact visual products for website and social media to promote RFE/RL’s mission, journalists, and impact, including images, infographics and short videos.
- Develops promotional and advocacy Twitter campaigns.
- Maintains Media and Public Affairs website and social media accounts.
- Works closely with all levels of personnel across departments within the company to obtain information, coordinate tasks, and produce content in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong initiative in identifying opportunities and vehicles to promote RFE/RL journalism and journalists.
- Assists and facilitates visits, meetings, briefings, and other promotional events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- College or university degree with emphasis on international relations, communications, public affairs, or public relations.
- Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in the field of communications, public affairs, or public relations for a media, foreign affairs, foreign assistance, or public service company or organization. (Mandatory)
- Commitment to RFE/RL mission
- Knowledge of and interest in foreign affairs, specifically relating to RFE/RL target countries
- Proficiency with numerous graphics packages and website languages and design.
- Proficiency in visual communication
- Strong writing skills (Mandatory)
- Basic research skills to support writing and visual assignments.
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate as member of a team.
- English language first language level (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.