We are looking for a TV Producer who will be based in our Moscow bureau nut report to the Managing Editor of Current Time in Prague. You will oversee all aspects of video production for RFE/RL’s Current Time TV originating from Moscow. You will serve as a liaison between Current Time and RFE/RL’s Russian Service in Moscow and work in close coordination with the Moscow bureau of RFE/RL’s Russian Service. You will be is responsible for researching, finding, and delivering studio and remote guests, managing guest bookings, and coordinating remote connections for daily Current Time news coverage and breaking news as well as long-term planning. Your job will also be to identify guests to present a broad spectrum of views and opinions and pitch story ideas to producers in Prague. You will be responsible for maintaining a database of and develop personal contacts with newsmakers and public figures in Russia. You will also manage broadcast logistics for guest interviews. As a responsible Producer you will be present in the Moscow TV studio/control room during live and taped remotes, making sure the guests are ready to go on air.
- Acts as Current Time’s liaison with television production teams at the Moscow bureau of RFE/RL’s Russian Service; participates in relevant production planning meetings with Russian Service colleagues as required.
- Develops and maintains an extensive and up-to-date database of contacts that covers different areas of expertise across Russia;
- Researches and gathers background information for Current Time hosts and program teams;
- Respond quickly to developing news stories to find appropriate guests and contributors;
- Participates remotely in Current Time editorial and planning meetings as required, offering creative, well-researched ideas for guests and contributors;
- Provides all necessary information on guests and contributors needed by the production and technical teams, ensuring that the appropriate details are entered into the relevant systems, and that requirements are made known to graphics and other teams as necessary;
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times. Exercises sound editorial judgement, and takes editorial responsibility for all own material
- Regularly suggests viable coverage ideas (both content and format), and contributes to future program planning
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions with fair and constructive comments, and contributes as a supportive member of the team
- Keeps familiar with the Service’s output on all platforms, and strives to increase the Service’s impact
- Responds with flexibility to the location and time demands of journalistic work.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, News or Production preferred.
- • At least 5 years experience working for a daily news organization.
- • Excellent understanding of news and current affairs in the Russian-speaking world and internationally, and of the personalities involved.
- • Demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of RFE/RL editorial guidelines.
- • Self-starter with strong organizational, research, and motivation skills.
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, continually reacting to breaking news with smart programming.
- • Knowledge of live television broadcasting production in the control room and the field.
- • Willingness to work an irregular schedule in breaking news situations and weekends when news warrants.
- • Deals calmly with intense deadline pressure by managing emotions in the face of stress, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- • Ability to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to easily accept changes in one’s own job requirements.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.