TV Anchor/Journalist, Current Time TV (News Bulletin)
We are looking for TV Anchor to host hourly news bulletin. You should have the ability to drive the content of the bulletin. You will work with Executive Producer to ensure desired topics in desired format are provided by multimedia producers, correspondents and production teams. You will help decide the format of content in the TV news bulletin, provide constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming. Apart from hosting TV news bulletins, you will be required to serve as the main output editor of the news bulletins hosted by other Anchors, deciding on the main topics of the bulletin, assigning tasks and creating rundowns to put the bulletin on air from the TV gallery.
• Hosts TV news programs. Capable of preparing and planning for weekday and weekend shows, writes news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments. Conducts in-studio, telephone, Skype, and field interviews.
• Writes her/his own news copy and edits intros supplied by reporters. Writes packages and collaborates with reporters in the field. Carries out in-depth research to a broad brief, preparing for interviews and show segments. May travel to the field.
• Presents coverage possibilities to the assigned program editor/producer for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
• Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting.
• Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are topical. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities and works with planning on both the TV and the digital sides as required.
• Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance.
• Adapts and develops a presentation style tailored for a specific program, medium or audience. Provides on-screen commentary during live events, both for TV and digital formats.
• Provides reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
- Previous professional experience as an anchor, moderator or TV host
- You must have understanding of TV production process and roles (especially in the studio).
- Excellent news judgment and a good understanding of international news especially regional events in Russia and Central Asia is a must.
- Positive professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability of first-rate editorial judgment, and working knowledge of relevant broadcast region.
- Russian language, native level
- English language, proficient
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.