Current Time - Настоящее Время - is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for a an experienced Video Producer to join our Footage vs. Footage unit. You will be responsible for producing compelling multimedia content for TV and social media platforms with a focus on countering disinformation in target region. You will produce content by picking up mission-oriented stories and trending topics through enterprise discovery. You will closely work with Footage vs. Footage team to ensure the TV show meets RFE/RL standards and is delivered in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for shooting videos made for TV and social media consumption.
- Produces high quality and share-worthy multimedia content both for TV and digital platforms.
- Monitors disinformation activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional) in target region for potential story leads.
- Works closely with Senior Producer on Footage vs. Footage show and acts as his/her substitute when required.
- Shoots content for TV and social media platforms, including live streams.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps the team updated throughout the day on disinformation-related stories worth exploring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 5 plus years working in comparable video production role in a media company.
- Strong news judgment is required.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop) and iMovie.
- Proven ability to communicate and create multimedia products in a style that attracts audiences through social media.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation. change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision. The candidate should have a strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Russian as a first language
- Proficiency in English language
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.