We are looking for a Remotes Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel production team. You will be responsible for researching, finding, and delivering studio and remote guests, managing guest bookings, and coordinating remote connections for daily Current Time news coverage and breaking news as well as long-term planning. You will maintain a database of and develop personal contacts with newsmakers and public figures in Current Time’s broadcast region. You will also manage broadcast logistics for guest interviews. In the control room during the live broadcast or taped interviews, you will make sure the guests are ready to go on air. You will coordinate with services and platforms across RFE/RL for network-wide sharing opportunities.
- Develops, networks and maintains an extensive and up-to-date database of contacts (particularly Russian-speaking analysts, guests, experts and others) that covers different areas of expertise across the world.
- Secures appropriate interviewees, as well as prepares research and background information for the hosts and program teams.
- Responds quickly to developing news stories to find appropriate guests and contributors.
- Attends editorial meetings and takes part in informal discussions, offering creative well-researched ideas for guests and contributors.
- Provides all necessary information on guests and contributors needed by the production and technical teams, ensuring that the appropriate details are entered into the relevant systems, and that requirements are made known to Graphics and other teams as necessary.
- Works closely with Multimedia, the Central Newsroom and Technology teams, providing content information and helping with logistics as required.
- Ensures guests are ready to go on air during the live broadcast or taped interviews.
- Enters costs associated with interviews into the relevant systems e.g. guest fees / transportation/transmission costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, News or Production preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working for a daily news organization.
- Excellent understanding of news and current affairs in the Russian-speaking world and internationally, and of the personalities involved.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, research, and motivation skills.
- Knowledge of live television broadcasting production in the control room and the field.
- Proficiency with newsroom computer systems (Octopus).
- Willingness to work an irregular schedule in breaking news situations and weekends when news warrants.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Encourages guests to post on social media to their fan base before and after appearances.
- Russian language at native level, required
- English language at proficiency level, required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.