The senior web editor is responsible for providing daily and long-term editorial strategy for the Current Time website and overseeing content and production. He or she will also write for the website, and be capable of producing both news coverage and feature content. A commitment to journalistic impartiality and Current Time’s standards is a given and should guide the editor from start to finish.
• Oversees Current Time website and work of web editors.
• Pitches, produces and edits clean and compelling content.
• Responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors. Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to Current Time’s standards, following company procedures.
• Sets and meets deadlines.
• Coordinates coverage of breaking news.
• Coordinates with members of Current Time’s digital and TV teams.
• Performs other tasks assigned by the Current Time managing editor for digital.
• Journalism or related field (MA - Master degree).
• Combination of education and experience.
• Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure, mandatory.
• Previous journalism and managerial experience required, including work in a fast paced organization with tight deadlines (at least 5 years).
• Experience with news organizations focused on multimedia content strongly desired.
• Relevant software knowledge, web editing and copy-editing skills.
• In addition to working regular shifts, the incumbent is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisory editor.
• Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
• Russian (Native), mandatory.
• English language (Proficient).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.